Avocado Spinach Potassium Breakfast Pudding
We shared this recipe at the first Commit to Change retreat on Martha’s Vineyard in March. It makes a super thick smoothie you can eat with a spoon, so we call it pudding. This makes enough for two, and can easily replace a lunch! We provide the amount of potassium next to each item, as reminder to target 6,000 mg of potassium each day. The pudding totals 1,700 mg.
Romaine lettuce is the nutritional powerhouse of lettuces. Use the outer, dark, thick-stalked leaves for smoothies and puddings.
- 1 avocado (700 mg potassium)
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 cups wilted raw spinach or arugula (335 mg potassium)
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked 1-2 hours or overnight (420 mg potassium)
- 1 whole lime, with skin cut into pieces (68 mg potassium, plus great soluble fiber in the skin)
- 4 drops of sweetener: stevia or your choice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (290 mg potassium)
- 1/2 cup water
Add all to a blender and blend until smooth.