Think frittatas any time you have leftover veggies. It is so quick and easy to make and with 8 slices to a pie, this goes a long way for meals. It is super easy along side a green salad. Fresh herbs add a lift of flavor and color. This will keep in the refrigerator for three or four days.
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup grated cheese— cheddar, feta or your favorite
- 1 1/4 cup milk, half & half or cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. fresh thyme or chives
- Small pieces of ham or bacon, if desired
Preheat your oven to 350˚. Oil a pie dish.
Steam the chopped broccoli florets in a pan with 1 cup water until tender. Spread the broccoli and ham or bacon, if using, evenly over the dish and top it evenly with the grated cheese.
Make the custard mixture by whisking together the milk, half and half, eggs, salt, black pepper, and spices or herbs. Pour the custard into the dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is set.