Calamari With Greens
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. squid bodies and tentacles, cleaned and sliced into inch rings (frozen is fine)
- 1.5 lbs. greens: dandelion, beet and bok choy
- 1 serrano or other hot chili, finely diced (we used 1)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4″ piece ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 bunch basil, about 1 ounce (1 cup lightly packed)
Heat a wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the greens and sauté until wilted, about 5 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
Add a little more olive oil to the wok, then add the serrano chiles, garlic, and ginger. Add the squid and cook about 2 minutes.
Mix the fish sauce and lime. Add the fish sauce mixture and cooked greens to the pan, toss in the basil leaves and sauté until the basil is wilted, then serve.