Carrot Mint Salad
- 1.5 lb. bunched carrots with fresh green tops
- 1 cup shredded Savoy cabbage
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 Tbsp. roasted peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1-2 tsp. Asian chili garlic sauce, to taste
- 3 tsp. peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or chopped
Trim off the carrot tops and peel and cut carrots into thin ribbons or matchsticks using a knife, mandoline or vegetable peeler (you can choose one or mix all three). Toss the carrots in a large bowl with the cabbage, green onions, mint and peanuts.
To make the dressing, whisk the lime juice, peanut oil, fish sauce, honey, chili sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until blended and sugar is dissolved. Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and gently toss to coat.