Fennel, Cucumber, Arugula and Dandelion Greens Salad
- 1 medium fennel bulb, shaved thin
- 1 small or 1/2 large cucumber, peeled and shaved thin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, more to taste
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, more to taste
- 1/4cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2-3 large handfuls arugula
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- Small handful feta cheese, to taste
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp. agave nectar or honey (optional)
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
Toss the shaved fennel and cucumber with with the lemon, olive oil and a pinch of salt and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, toast and chop the pine nuts.
Put the arugula in a large bowl and toss with the marinated fennel and cucumbers, pouring most of the lemon dressing on top. Taste and adjust salt, olive oil, lemon juice and agave to your liking. Top with the toasted pine nuts, basil, and feta. A pinch of red pepper flakes is a nice touch here, too.