Fennel Dandelion Salad
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 lemons
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. black mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp. black cumin seeds (aka nigella seeds)
Slice the fennel as thinly as you can. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the fennel slices to prevent browning.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add black mustard and nigella seeds. Cook for about a minute. The mustard seeds will start to pop.
Squeeze the juice of one lemon in a small bowl. Add the olive oil and seeds from the skillet. Whisk together, then pour over the veggies and stir to distribute the dressing.