Herbed Sunflower Seed Spread or Dip
We served this as a dip at our Commit to Change retreat on Martha’s Vineyard in March, with a platter of freshly-cut vegetables. You can also use it as a “sandwich” spread on lettuce leaves.
- 2 cup hulled sunflower seeds, soaked for 1-2 hours and drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice, plus zest
- 1 cup water (more as needed)
- Handful of fresh herbs – basil, mint or dill
Blend sunflower seeds, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, water and salt until smooth. Add herbs and blend again. Chill until ready to use. Stores in the fridge for up to four days.