Spring Rejuvenation on the Vineyard! April 23- 29, 2017
Martha’s Vineyard Retreat April 23 – 29th
Sunday to Saturday for 6 day retreat on Martha’s Vineyard.
Yoga, Lecture Cooking Class and Hikes
Curriculum to be announced
We will be sure to cover gut health and how eating fats keep you thin and smart!
$1295. retreat, lectures, meals and hikes, private room with bath $199. per night
Spring Rejuvenation Retreat
Join Nutritionist and food expert John Bagnulo and Locavore Educator and Chef Jan Buhrman for a cleanse
This retreat will strengthen and invigorate you. In this program, you will gain a better understanding of which foods truly nourish your body and which foods deplete it.
Come lose the metabolic clutter that saps your energy – this is the wake-up call your body needs!
Experience the benefits of significant physical exercise, including:
- better sleep
- increased cardiovascular fitness
- weight loss
- improved mental clarity
Under John’s enthusiastic guidance, you will:
- Learn about the best foods to assist the body with overall health and provide greater energy
- Share group meals centered around Paleolithic foods
- Enjoy guided hikes
- Have ample time for yoga and massage
Under Jan’s lead in the kitchen you will:
- Learn great recipes of foods that provide greater energy and taste delicious!
- Learn how to stock the pantry and fridge for continuing on this path of nutritional healing.
- Both hands-on cooking classes and kitchen demonstrations, with take home recipes of every meal.
Answer your body’s call – take a journey of renewal that will leave you feeling great and inspired to change your habits.
Every afternoon, enjoy 2 to 3 hours to yourself. Take the time to ride a bike to the beach, take a nap, get a massage, facial, or pedicure, meditate, take a detoxifying bath or enjoy the small portable infrared sauna on site. Every room has a private bath and tub that we hope you will take advantage of during your detoxifying experience – we will include a recipe for a ginger detox bath in your welcome packet.
Stephanie DaRosa, local aesthetician and manicurist, will be available during your stay – take advantage of her services! She is offering glowing and nurturing skin care and pedicure services throughout the week. Facials will be available for $100 and pedicures for $60 – a special for the week. If you are interested in a session with both services, the package is discounted to $130. Stephanie uses skin care products form Circadia by Dr. Pugliese. These products offer a true blend of science and nature. A natraceutical! Stephanie will also be offering gentle resurfacing peels that will help to combat the glycation process of skin for an additional $40 per facial.
Stefan Knight – Pilates/Rolfing
Schedule Sunday 5-9pm, Monday-Thursday 7am-7pm, Friday 7-7pm Saturday 7am – 11:00 am
Typical Daily Schedule:
7-8:15 am yoga
8:45- 10:00 hike or bike
10:00 Tea, Vegetables and Fruit
11:30-12:30 Cooking demonstration
1:30 2:15 Lecture
2:30 – 4:30 FREE (Pilates or healing arts )
4:30-5:45 Cooking demonstration
5:45 -7:00 Dinner
All prices are per person and include 6-Day Retreat: hikes, all meals, daily yoga classes, and tax.
Cost of Program:
$199/night, includes tax and gratuity. There are several rooms that have twin beds. We have rented a beautiful “retreat” facility in the heart of town. All of the rooms have private baths. Checks are accepted. Checks should be mailed to Jan Buhrman 54 Hewing Field Chilmark, MA 02535. Please send a follow-up e-mail notification to Jan if you send a check.
Each day includes: All meals, daily yoga practice, daily hike or bike ride, 3 hours of lecture each day and a 2 hour cooking class.
PLEASE READ: Cancellation Policy-2014
Lectures Will Outline:
- The foods that most metabolisms prefer. This lecture outlines human evolution and foods that were present throughout. How dramatically the diet has changed in the last 10,000 years, 100 years and now in the last 10 years. What is the impact of this change on our metabolism? How do we return to a diet of generally supportive foods?
- What specific types of food cause the most harm to our metabolism and health overall? Are there ways of testing our sensitivity or intolerance to each? Are there forms of these foods that are better tolerated because of agricultural methods or food processing (ie: fermentation) techniques that enhance the nutritional value?
- How do we combine nutrition and exercise for favorable metabolism and an improved detoxification capacity? The combination is critical and this program will be experiential learning as participants will eat the best types of foods and will exercise the way that is essential for driving metabolism.
- How do we take this home? Introducing foods over time to identify what is working and what is hurting us. Create a smart, well-balanced, and manageable plan building on the basics followed in this program.
Testimonials from the Spring Metabolic Boot Camp 2015
“I want you to know that week literally changed my life and my family’s life as well. I came back and proposed that we all try this new way of eating for the month of May which we have. I bought a Ninja blender and am making smoothies every morning. We are cooking tons of vegetables (not 42 different ones per week but getting close!) and fish and have eliminated grains, dairy, and sugar. It has not been as much of challenge as I expected and we all feel much better. We’ve needed a new fridge for ages and buying all the produce prompted the purchase of a new fridge with more space which is fun. All in all you’ve changed the lives of four people who are far healthier than before. John was an inspirational teacher and I am grateful for his compassion and patience.” - Christine
“The lectures were so informative, non-threatening and inviting. The hands-on cooking classes were invaluable!!! Both yoga instructors were terrific. Loved the biking and hiking and the reminder of nurturing our earth, I loved starting each day with a smoothie. I loved that you made different versions each day . The meals were wonderful and more vegetables than I have eaten in my life! The Colors were so powerful that I could feel them in my body! Your ideas for leftovers; toppers and using salad dressing from soup was remarkable. I am defiantly going for making my own kimchi. It was such a blessing to have multi-generations here in this amazing facility! With love and thanks!” - Dianne Cogburn
Header Photo Credit: Randi Baird
Photo Credit: Kelley DeBettencourt
Can't make it for the whole 5 Days or desire a full 7 Day experience? Come for the 3 Day Weekend Workshop Finding Your Food Map and explore your personal metabolic needs!
Consider joining our 21-Day Cleanse, at a discounted rate to participants of the Martha's Vineyard Spring Rejuvenation. This is the perfect at-home continuation of your day's spent with Jan & John, further solidifying a healthy, balanced lifestyle into your daily practice. Join by clicking below.